Discover How Our Students Are Raising the Bar of Excellence
Are you looking for an intern, entry-level employee, or a person that has years of experience? Whether you have one position or a hundred, we have men and women who have what you are looking for.
We invite you to join Handshake at no cost. This is a powerful, modern platform that enables employers to search for top talent at universities, post jobs/internships, and schedule an on-campus recruiting table or interviews.
Create an Account
- If your organization does not have an account, create an employer profile in our internship/job posting system, Handshake. After you complete the profile (the more information you provide, the better) you will receive an email from Handshake with approval (within 2-3 business days).
- If your organization has an account in Handshake, but you are not a contact in the system, just follow these instructions. It may be a good idea to check with your Human Resources department to see if there are any approvals needed within your organization to post to jobs/internships.
Post a Job or Internship
- All jobs will be automatically approved if you have an existing account. If you just created an account, you will need to wait until your organization is approved (2-3 business days) before you are able to post a job/internship.
- Job renewals and expiration
- See instructions on how to post a job or internship.
Paid vs. Non-Paid Internships
- If your organization is a for-profit business, compensation is expected and virtually mandated by federal regulations. Read FLSA Fact Sheet #71 from the U.S. Dept. of Labor.
- If your organization is unable to offer a regular wage, consider helping the student with a stipend or internship-related expenses such as parking fees, mileage, meals, etc.
- Unpaid student employment will not violate the U.S. Department of Labor's Fair Labor Standards Act if it is a training program which meets criteria found in the FLSA Fact Sheet #71 from the U.S. Dept. of Labor.
- Many employers ask how much they should pay students. The wage range for 2018-19 was $10.50-$32.00 per hour. The median wage rate is $13.50 per hour. Check out this infographic - The Case for Paying Interns
- Schedule an on-campus recruiting table and/or interview through Handshake by "Request Event" in the upper right-hand corner of your Handshake profile.
- Please select Employer on-campus, when requesting take visit then click the green Event Request button
- Note: Your request will take 2-5 days to confirm. You will receive an email confirmation from Handshake.
- For sample instructions, click here. Email email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Help and Support
For assistance with setting up your account, Handshake has a great Help Center to answer your frequently asked questions. If you still need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlight a Student Intern or Employee
- We would love to promote you by posting pictures of our students working in your organization on our Instagram account. Please, email your approved logo, student photos, quotes to Judy Axelson at email@example.com.